15 Website Promotion Tips
Promoting your website is an easy way to generate targeted traffic to your site. Here are 15 simple tips for anyone that wants to promote their site.
- Make sure to include your website address wherever possible: business cards, invoices, letterheads, e-mail signatures, stationery. But don’t include the http:// portion of the URL.
- Use an email address from your websites domain name rather than your ISPs or a free email provider like Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo mail etc …
- Publish and email out a weekly, monthly or quarterly newsletter, ensuring that your website address is plainly visible.
- Offer a special offers section on your website, which frequently updates with new deals.
- Create a catchy classified advert in newspapers and journals with a link to your website where the customer can obtain more information.
- Become active in relevant forums, help sites, mailing lists and newsgroups and put your website address as part of your signature/profile.
- Provide a prominent link or image for visitors to bookmark your website.
- Write relevant expert articles for your website and distribute them to sites like delicious, digg, stumbleupon, reddit.
- Ensure your business has a Facebook and Twitter page (with a link pointing to your website) and update it frequently with news and offers.
- Submit expert articles to article directories allowing them to use it for free providing they provide a link back to your website.
- Ensure your website is free from errors, that all links work as expected and that it displays and works correctly with the majority of web browsers.
- Network throughout your area to bring people to your website.
- When your website is launched or updated, send a press release to the your customers, clients, friends and the media.
- Ensure your website is optimised for the search engines.
- Submit your website to the major search engines and ensure you have a sitemap.
If you would like some assistance promoting or optimising your website, then please contact me.